Get More Life and Likes Out of Your Content in 5 Simple Steps
Each piece of content you create needs to obtain maximum value. With so much information on the Internet and social media and on smart phones it’s a competitive game to get your content seen. Your content needs to stand out and you need to reach your audience with it. We have come up with some ways to make sure you get the most out of every thing you create. Experts say that you need to apply the 80/20 rule, which is spend 20 percent of your time creating content and 80 percent of your time distributing it. This will help you build your audience but if your audience is small you may need to make more of your time to produce content.
5 Steps to take to share your content and get maximum value.
- Send it to your email list – Your email list is people who have an interest in what you are sharing. They trust you and know your brand so you will get more likes and shares. These are the customers that are more likely to engage with your audience. Try a weekly or monthly newsletter. There are lots of free services out there to send newsletters, however most have a maximum number of emails you can send out to. Statistics suggest that only 30 percent of recyclers are using email marketing. FYI – Tuesday at Noon is the best time to send a newsletter.
- Share your content on social media for a few weeks – Most recycling companies are small operations and can use tools to share their content on social media. There are tools that can share your content on a schedule multiple times to multiple social media networks. This is a no brainier and most of the larger recycling companies do it but some of the medium and small recyclers don’t. FYI – you should share your content 9 times in 7 days.
- Mention some clients or influencers – When you mention clients or influencers in your content be sure to email them about it so they can share it aw well. This has worked well with us as 75 percent of content with mentions gets reshared. FYI – mention @recyclingquotes and me will share your content to our network.
- Build Partnerships for sharing – We all want to have a full ad display and be on the cover of the latest and greatest recycling magazine, but the reality is, that’s expensive and there are ways to gain just as much exposure to your target audience for free or very little cost. It takes a little effort to build these relationships but it can have a lot of long-term results and a significant ROI.
- Create graphics, pictures, videos and other visuals – Images are very important in social media and content marketing. Content with pictures gains 53 percent more likes than content without. Pictures are one of the most shared items on the Internet. Instagram is a social network just for pictures but not many recyclers have Instagram accounts. FYI – a picture of a grumpy that’s recycling a phone would go viral.
To effectively grow your recycling business you need a solid social media plan, content marketing, and a strong website to lead your traffic to. If you need help with any of these you should join www.FreeRecyclingQuotes.com recycling network. For more information about our marketing services Click Here! or Call 817-946-5655.
If you have an ideas or comments about getting more Life and Likes out of your content please share them in the comments section